Re: Intent To Split: netbase

Herbert Xu writes:

> Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > Generally, maintainer scripts, and programs meant to be run by
> > root, run as root.
>
> > If a program expects to use some tool that only root would use, it
> > should expect to be running as root.
>
> So you do agree with me that it is better to leave traceroute in
> /usr/sbin?

Where did he say that? 'some tool that only root would use' means
something that requires you to be the superuser to perform a useful
action; PATH and binary locations have nothing to do with it.

--
There is no TRUTH. There is no REALITY. There is no CONSISTENCY. There
are no ABSOLUTE STATEMENTS. I'm very probably wrong. -- BSD fortune(6)