Re: Deb base ISO images

I've been browsing cdimage. Do we release a base system as a 30/40-ish meg
ISO that can network to enable apt handling retrieval of anything else? One
would be really useful to me, and I'm sure to others too. The base packages
(for floppies etc) aren't always so easy or convienient, and I think an ISO
image would be a really good way to show the power of apt-get etc.

Linuxcare's disc can install Slink that way, and one of my goals with Lubbock (http://lubbock.sourceforge.net) is to have it do the same for potato.

I don't see any reason why such a disc couldn't be made easily (strip it down from the full version, to just the base).

slightly offtopic, I've just started a sourceforge site dedicated to building CD based systems (many of which use Debian). Mailing list starting soon.

I'll post more in the appropriate places when I've got a description ready. Anyone looking at building a bootable CD will find the tools useful, and the contacts even more useful.