Re: How many CDs in potato?

I wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how many CDs the official ISOs have for:
>
>  - i386 main + main/non-US ( + contrib ?)
>  - sources
>
> Is contrib included as a service on official CDs like it was for
> slink?
>
>     I'm having a difficult time deciphering know what vendors are
> selling (from 2 to 4 CDs):
>
>  www.lsl.com    Debian 2.2 Binary CDR Intel (2 CD Set)      $3.78 US
>  www.linux-cd.com
>    Official Debian 2.2 potato i386 binary 3 disk set.  Includes
>    non-us encryption packages.                 $29.95 US
>
>    Official++ Debian 2.2 potato i386 binary disks 1, 2, 3 and
>    disk 4 (non-free).  This is the full-monty, with main,
>    contrib, non-US, and includes the non-free package disk. $39.95 US
>   www.greenbush.com
>    Potato stable i386 binary 4-CD set          $14.00 US
>    Potato stable binary/source i386 8-CD set   $26.00 US

I downloaded the list files for the official CDs:

      87205  binary-i386-1.list
      91075  binary-i386-1_NONUS.list
     115181  binary-i386-2.list
      65944  binary-i386-3.list

So 3 official CDs, with the first one either including non-us or
not (60 packages).

The strange part is that _some_ contrib packages are scattered
across the 3 CDs, but not all of the packages.  For example, lyx
is _not_ there.  Only 83 packages are included:

  ibm-jdk1.1-installer netscape3 lxdoom-sndserv lxdoom-svga
  lxdoom-x11 lxdoom lxmusserv nestra quake-3dfx quake-ggi quake-gl
  quake-sdl quake-server quake-svga quake-x11 libft-perl pgp4pine
  setiathome tkseti realplayer apple2 atari800 pose uae-exotic
  uae-suid uae vice xapple2 xcopilot lookup xjdic qps jserv
  netscape-base-4 gpgp metro-motif-lib ale-clone-war2 ale-clone
  sarien qmtpssh iraf-common iraf-ibin iraf-noaobin iraf x11iraf
  c-nocem xtrs m-tx pmx netscape-base-4-libc5 plugger
  metro-motif-bin metro-motif-demosrc metro-motif-devel
  metro-motif-demobin lib-fop-java lib-xslp-java libpgjava
  debian-keyring bsh jde quake-lib-stub mailcrypt tkpgp tkirc abcde
  fttools debian-cd freetds-jdbc pike-crypto-build cocoon-doc
  lib-openxml-java-doc lib-xslp-java-doc ale-clone-cogliati
  libhonyaku-damashii-ruby lib-openxml-java musixlyr sdic-gene95
  sdic honyaku-el cocoon gnujsp metro-motif-man

So if your favorite app from contrib isn't listed, you've have to
fetch it from the net.

I suppose if one has some Internet connection, one could get the
very cheap 2-CD set from LSL and download rarely-used packages of
CD #3 from the net.

Peter