dpkg-scanpackage is ignoring newwe?

Hello,

running dpkg-scanpackage i386 over > Packages

i get (over is size 0)

 ! Package msn-transport (filename i386/msn-transport_1.0-2_i386.deb) is
repeat;
   ignored that one and using data from i386/msn-transport_1.0-1_i386.deb !

which means dpkg-scanpackage is ignoring the -2 in favor of the -1.. why is
this so and what can i do? :)

Another Question, is there a lightweight method of testing a .changes file
if the signature is valid (from me) and the checksums are correct? I dont
want to run a complete dinstall, since i wrote my own little live upload
script to maintain my own little archive.

Greetings
Bernd