ITP: libsafe

Package: libsafe
Section: libs

 Libsafe protects processes against the exploitation of buffer
  overflow vulnerabilities in process stacks.  Libsafe works with any
  existing pre-compiled executable and can be used transparently, even
  on a system-wide basis.  The method intercepts all calls to library
  functions that are known to be vulnerable.  A substitute version of
  the corresponding function implements the original functionality, but
  in a manner that ensures that any buffer overflows are contained
  within the current stack frame.  Libsafe has been shown to detect
  several known attacks and can potentially prevent yet unknown attacks.

Homepage: http://www.bell-labs.com/org/11356/libsafe.html
License: GPL

I'm in the NM queue, but I have a sponsor.

Regards/Gruesse, Norbert

--
Let's Rock!