please read this everyone

Hello everyone,
    thanks for taking the time to read this. I'm a new user of debian
and I seem to be having troubles. I'm running ypbind on a mac (running
debian-68k 2.2) and I cannot get it to bind to my nis server (I've had
no problems with any of the other computers I have set up). When I run
"ypbind -broadcast" ypbind just exist. My network is good cause as I
said I have other computers using the nis server. I can also reach the
dns server from the troubled computer and mount nis volumes, ftp, http,
etc. When I place a ypserver line in my /etc/yp.conf file the "ypbind
-c" command says the file is alright but when I run "ypbind" it
segfaults. The only way I can get ypbind to work is by starting it with
the following "ypbind -debug -broadcast -ypsetme" and then using ypset
to set the nis server. Even then though it dies unexpectidly at times.
Has this happened to anyone else? If you can test this then please do.
For all those interested I am running debian-68k (the mac version)
potato 2.2 (the latest one) on a mac LC 630. If you have any feedback
the please CC it to my email address james.waterhouse@videotron.ca
because I am not signed up to either debian-devel or debian-user.
    Thanks for your time.

James

--
Can you discern the signs of the times? || www.danielrevelation.com