ITP: sather

Package: wnpp
Severity: normal

 Sather is an object oriented language which is designed to be simple,
 efficient, safe, and non-proprietary. It aims to meet the needs of
 modern research groups and to foster the development of a large,
 freely available, high-quality library of efficient well-written
 classes for a wide variety of computational tasks. It was originally
 based on Eiffel but now incorporates ideas and approaches from several
 languages. One way of placing it in the "space of languages" is to say
 that it attempts to be as efficient as C, C++, or Fortran, as elegant
 and safe as Eiffel or CLU, and to support higher-order functions as
 well as Common Lisp, Scheme, or Smalltalk.

package files are available at URI
http://139.179.21.143/~exa/debian/

License is GPL/LGPL (this being a compiler and a runtime system...)

There's been a previous ITP, but I'm issuing this ITP since I've been
able to resolve some minor problems with the build. Current packages
are lintian-clean. This ITP is followed by other packages from GNU
Sather.

Since I'm not a Debian Developer, I need a sponsor for these prospective
packages.

Thanks,

__
Eray Ozkural <erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr>