Re: how to bag with dpkg-deb?

On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 11:55:21AM +0200, michael.renner@gmx.de wrote:
> I just practise to make deb packages, until now
> without success. I build this file structure:
[...]
> dpkg-deb: building package `tts' in `..deb'.
>
> What is wrong? Wher is the fault?

Normally you don't call dpkg-deb by hand when building Debian
packages, but instead you create a source package before and the
actual work in done in debian/rules. You might want to look at some
documentation about building packages in the Packaging Manual (package
packaging-manual), the New Maintainers' Guide (package maint-guide)
and also the policy (package debian-policy) is very
advisable. task-debian-devel should install everything for you to get
started with building packages. Btw, there is a list especially for
this kind of questions, debian-mentors@lists.debian.org.

Regards, Roland

--
 * Roland Bauerschmidt <rb@debian.org> * http://www.copyleft.de/~roland/ *
 *         Debian GNU / Linux -- the choice of a gnu generation          *