Re: WNPP now on the BTS

With regards to severity levels, I find the definitions provided by
the reportbug program very useful. Clears up all sorts of potential
confusion for me when I file a bug.

Jeff

-------- Anthony

>Release critical bugs mean we [think] a package is unsuitable for
>release. It doesn't mean "hey, this is important, look at it!". It
>means remove this package. It doesn't, in general, mean "hold up the
>release 'til this is fixed", either, no matter how people have been
>treating it.

-------- reportbug

How would you rate the severity of your bug?
critical    makes unrelated software on the system (or the whole system) break,
            or causes serious data loss, or introduces a security hole on
            systems where you install the package.

grave       makes the package in question unuseable or mostly so, or causes
            data loss, or introduces a security hole allowing access to the
            accounts of users who use the package.

important   any bug which makes the package unsuitable for release.

normal      any other bug.  Most bugs are 'normal', hence the name.

wishlist    any feature requests or minor cosmetic problems.