Re: Does Debian follow these guidelines?

On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 01:29:36PM +0200, André Dahlqvist wrote:
> Linus recently sent the following e-mail to the linux-kernel mailing
> list, and I was just curious to hear if Debian follows these
> guidelines? How about the symlink stuff?

Debian does this - and is frequently the flamed for it by various people
who don't seem to agree with Linus.  Linus' reasoning is sound however and
I recommend not breaking your system because slackware or redhat users say
it should be broken.  =p

* o-o always like debmake because he knew exactly what it would do...
<ibid> o-o: you would ;-)