Re: PIPI (Parsed Input Process Initiator) -- another silly proposal?

Hello.

Decklin Foster schrieb:

> Seriously, though, would someone like to document this? I see no
> mention of it in the REDIRECTION section of the man page, or any
> occurence of the string '<('. AKAICT, bash(1) is not one of those man
> pages GNU is trying to replace with info.

What do you have on your eyes? :)

----bash(1)-----
# Process Substitution
#
# Process substitution is supported on systems that support
# named  pipes  (FIFOs) or the /dev/fd method of naming open
# files.  It takes the form of <(list) or >(list).  The pro-
# cess  list  is run with its input or output connected to a
# FIFO or some file in /dev/fd.  The name of  this  file is
# passed as an argument to the current command as the result of
# the expansion.  If the >(list) form is used, writing to the
# file will provide input for list.  If the <(list) form is
# used, the file passed as an argument should be read to obtain
# the output of list.
#
# When available, process substitution is performed simulta-
# neously with parameter  and  variable  expansion, command
# substitution, and arithmetic expansion.

ciao, 2ri
--
"There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack
lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."