Re: cupsys (was: Re: lprng as 'stantard' package)

"Bernhard R. Link" <blink@informatik.uni-freiburg.de> writes:

> On 26 Jul 2000, Robert Bihlmeyer wrote:
>
> > Me too. That gives me an idea, that would be nice to have in any
> > advanced printing system: You should be able to preview any job
> > already in the queue.
>
> I don't think that this is task of the printing system. Perhaps a
> lptry which yust calls magicfilter or whatsoever, so that you can view the
> result.

Well, the point is that I want to view more-or-less exactly what is
sent to the printer. The printing system will presumably have the job
lying around in postscript, so going through the chain by hand (or
another tool) is wasteful and may introduce differences from the
printing system's idea of the output.

--
Robbe