Re: ITP gnome-applets

On 24-Jul-00, 16:00 (CDT), Christian Marillat <marillat.christian@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> I want to split this package because it's very huge
> -rw-r--r--    1 marillat marillat  4042048 mai 26 12:52 gnome-applets_1.2.0-0.0_i386.deb
> Installed-Size: 7120

That seems wrong -- the /usr/bin/*_applets on my system (admittedly,
from the Helix packages) total only 1.2M in 32 files.

Oh I see what it is: all the help files and graphics. Sigh.

Well, I'm with Joey (which is different than what I wrote earlier): pick
a collection of the better and more useful ones, and put the rest in

(Am I the only one who see the irony inherent in our growing tendency
to generate a bunch of packages from one source tree, and then create a
task-foo to make it easy to install all of them?)