Re: ITP: links

Gopal Narayanan <gopal@debian.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 10:11:25PM +0300, Ari Makela wrote:
> >
> > Yes, there it is. But why it's in network category? Debian does have
> > web category. In <URL: http://debian/Packages/unstable/ > it is written:
> >
> > <clip>
> > Web Software
> > Software to run a WWW server, WWW clients, proxies, etc...
> > </clip>
> >
> > Unfortunately this is not the only inconsistency.
> >

> So file a bug on links.

There is a bug already filed

 Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 16:11:44 -0500
 From: Bolan Meek <Bolan.Meek@wcom.com>
 Subject: package links in wrong section
 To: submit@bugs.debian.org

 Package: links
 Version: 0.84-1
 Filename: dists/frozen/main/binary-sparc/net/lins_0.84-1.deb

 dselect->select on Debian 2.2 (frozen: potato) shows this in
 the "net" section.  It should be in "web".

Interestingly it has been marked as done by the maintainer, however on my
system the bug is still present. I am running version 0.92-1

I suppose that the Override file has to be altered to change the section of a
package. Maybe somebody should file a bug against ftp.debian.org

--
Don't worry  --  shop.