emacs20: grave bugs 65208 66884 - problem found - fix coming soon.

With Gerd and Detlev's help and finally some quiet time to
concentrate, I've found the problem.  I know *exactly* what's causing
the gnus mail loss problem, and I should be able to get a fix out
soon, probably by the end of the weekend.

Thanks to all, and sincere apologies for the time it's taken to track
this down.  One quick solution for those still having trouble should
be to just install Manoj's gnus package.