Suggested packages (and/or ITP with sponsor)

  Hi all.  I've found a couple of programs that I think someone should put
into Debian.  If no-one has by the time I complete the NM process (I think I
finally have concrete plans to get my key signed!), I'll upload them myself,
but there's no reason to wait :)

  First is the following game, which IMO is one of the best Linux games I've
seen recently.  It's cute, fast, and fun.  Also, upstream has already produced
debs -- the worst problem I had with them is that the menu entries are left
out, and the source package uses yada (??)  The license is GPL.

  The homepage of Heroes is http://www.realtech.scene.org/heroes/

Package: heroes
 Heroes was a DOS game like nibble but with many enhancements. It can be
 played by one or two players. It features 12 original soundtracks, 94
 levels (in 10 different tilesets) plus a level editor. There are five game
 modes like Quest (the classical nibble), or Kill'em all (run over
 lemmings).
 .
 Presently the port is not complete, but the game is playable.  The main
 missing feature is the level editor.

  The other package is a BeOS theme for GTK+.  Of course, there are dozens
of these already, but this one is an engine theme, which means that (for
instance) it can be used without having a Pentium 400 and 128 MB of RAM :)
I've Debianized this one myself under the name "gtk-engines-begtk" and have the
diff available if anyone's interested.

  The GTK+ theme is available from themes.org:
http://gtk.themes.org/php/download.phtml?object=gtk.theme.962566812&rev=1.2.x&query=download&server=themes.org

  (I'm sure there's a nicer way to get that URL, but I don't know it :P )

  I believe that this theme also is under the GPL.

  My Debian package has the following control file:
Package: gtk-engines-begtk
 This package contains a BeOS 'theme' that allows you to configure
 the look of GTK+ 1.2-using programs.  The programs need no
 modifications to use themes; the support is built in to GTK+ 1.2.

  Daniel

--
/----------------- Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> -----------------\
|     This space    |   X is the second worst window system ever invented.    |