Re: ITP: locale-th

Once upon a time, I heard Adrian Bunk say

> On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Chanop Silpa-Anan wrote:

> > I have contacted the upstream author. He said that the current version
> > distributed with glibc (2.1.3) has a licensing problem, since it is not
> > really free to modify.
> >
> > here is the license in glibc (2.1.3) (from i18ndata package)
> > The current upstream version has some minor fix and BSD like license
> > If there's no objection I'll upload this package to woody soon.
>
> Please tell me if I'm wrong, but I can't see the reason for an extra
> package. Why not simply updating locale-th in i18ndata?

That's one way to solve the problem. I raised the issue about locale-th in
debian-glibc once before I pass through the nm-process, but didn't file
the bug report. The glibc team is kindly enough to include th_TH in locales
package (since 2.1.3-4). I already mentioned that the upstream release
contained some fixes.

But I haven't raised the issue about the licensing problem to glibc team yet,
I just receive a note from upstream authur about the license today.

May be I should file a bug report and wait first :)

Chanop
| Chanop Silpa-Anan                       <chanop@syeng.anu.edu.au>           |
| Australian National University                                              |
| Tel. +61 2 6279 8826, +61 2 6279 8837 (office hour)                         |
|      +61 2 6249 5240 (home +voice mail)                                     |
|           Debian GNU/Hurd           GPG key on request                      |