libstc++2.10-dev & threads

Hi all,

I've just started doing a little coding in c++ using threads - and I've
quickly come to realise that the version of the STL in libstdc++2.10-dev
is _not_ thread safe.

However when I downloaded the version from STL and untarred into
/usr/include/g++-3/ it worked nicely (cept I know it'll be thrown out again on
the next update of libstdc++-dev).

Is libstdc++2.10-dev (ver 1:2.95.2-14 from woody) out of date??  Or is there
some issue I'm missing?

Also, does someone know how to set the stdinc++ for gcc (so I can put the SGI
version somewhere else)?

Regards,

Chris

(please CC me in replies, as I don't keep up-to-date with the list)

            Linux, because I'd like to *get there* today
Reply with subject 'request key' for GPG public key.  KeyID 0xB4E24219