Re: Does Security matter at all?

On Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 11:47:58AM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> First, why only the public reply?
I'm assuming you mean private.
Oh, not on purpose, i normally just hit the g key in mutt, would have
thought it would send both.  I must have hit r instead

> Second, this email was not meant to be taken as my view.  I'm trying to prove
> a point.  If they have physical access, then the machine in question should
> not be in the position of being critical to the operation.
ahh, ok.  I think through the discussion things have been confused.  I was
arguing with the orrigional thing, about the security arround autofs, and
things like that.  I would never think somone would use automounting on
a machine that is critical, and wasn't really considering this as a valid
side of the discussion(physical security arround critical computers).

Thats why i tried to make the point about this being a problem with
labs, and such.

> [snip] (as I have no problems with what you said)
could you fw that to the list? or back to me and i will send it.  I meant
to send it orrigionaly :)

--
Erik Bernhardson
journey@jps.net