GNU Pth vs. LinuxThreads

Provided I had the choice to compile a program with either GNU Pth or
LinuxThreads, what's better ?

The program in question is Python, which has now support for both
libraries. The CVS version prefers Pth over LinuxThreads if both are
available, and I'm looking for arguments whether this is reasonable.
I had the impression LinuxThreads was a better choice where available.
Isn't that the case ? In fact Python currently has one problem with
signal handling when both readline and LinuxThreads are used, and this
problem vanishes with GNU Pth. OTOH, I have the impression that the
kind of MT used in Pth needs active support by the threaded program,
and my impression is that that's not yet done in Python (the threading
examples in Python run considerably different with Pth than with
LinuxThreads).

Any opinions on this ?

    Gregor