Re: SECURITY PROBLEM: autofs [all versions]

On Fri, Jun 30, 2000 at 08:52:23PM -0400, Christopher W. Curtis wrote:
> [...] filed a bug report against autofs
> and marked it as release critical.  I have heard nothing for the past
> two (three?) days and need to make this known: [...]

The bug tracking system has been playing up over the last couple of days,
it should be fixed now.

> [sneakernet to victim]

Alternatively:

[sneakernet to victim]
hit reset button, or toggle power switch
put bootable disk in drive
boot into minimal OS
mount various partitions
edit /etc/passwd

Giving console access to people you don't trust isn't a good idea with
or without bugs in autofs.

Cheers,
aj

                                      -- Dave Clark