Re: mysql now gpl'ed

On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 06:58:14PM -0400, Adam McKenna wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 09:42:21PM +0200, Francesco Tapparo wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 08:07:07PM +0300, Sami Haahtinen wrote:
> > > On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 02:21:14PM +0200, Jordi Mallach wrote:
[snipped]
> > > but if someone NEEDS to make a living developing good software, they
> > > should do so. but this is a good move by the developers to move it
> >
> > Are you saying that it is right to develop proprietary software to make a
> > living from it?
> > Then I cannot agree: proprietary licenses are not moral, in my opinion.
> > I'm not searching a polemics, but I must distantiate myself from your
> > opinions.
>
> Four legs good.  Two legs bad.

Very good story, that: it speak about a revolution about freedom; but then
the revolutionaries forget the ideals they fought for and this permit to the
pigs to bring them to a new slavery.

--
Francesco Tapparo				 |	cesco@debian.org
fight for your software freedoms: www.fsf.org    |      tapparo@mat.unimi.it