Re: deb 'streams', 'capabilities', relocation

Previously Christopher W. Curtis wrote:
> In light of this, would it seem unreasonable to create a 'l10n' stream
> in the .deb file, providing the various translations to different
> languages?

The right solution is to store metadata per file and put a filetype in
there. I'm planning on doing that, but don't expect anything soon.

> Another capability that I would like to see is "Relocatable".  This
> option would allow you to move a package from the default location, say
> /usr/bin, to a shared structure, like /export/linux/i386/bin.

I might do that, or might not. It severly restricts any assumptions you
can make about a system and pretty much means we can't guarantee system
stability anymore.

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@liacs.nl                    http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |