Re: Updating build-essential package list

Jérôme Marant <jerome@idealx.com> wrote:

> As most of packages build with "debhelper", I think that it would be
> logical to find it in the build-essential package list. What do you
> think about it ?

I don't think so.  Okay, at the moment(!) many packages use debhelper,
but this may change in the future (it already changed in the past from
debstd).  Except this the Build-Dependency on debhelper is a good
hint, that the maintainer didn't forget to add the Build-Depends
header to the control file ;-)

Tschoeeee

        Roland

--