Re: Installed apt-move 4.1 (source i386)

dvdeug@x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu (David Starner) writes:

> On Mon, Jun 19, 2000 at 11:20:39PM +0200, Paul Seelig wrote:
> > herbert@debian.org (Herbert Xu) writes:
> >
> > >    * Added dependency on dwww.
> > >
> > And whoops: "dwww" depends on "apache" and "apache-common". :-/
> > No, this is no good idea for those who don't want to run "apache".
> >
> > Please turn this into a suggests or something.  I really don't want to
> > be forced to install apache just to be able to maintain a small Debian
> > mirror with apt-move...
>
> At least on my system (woody), dwww depends on httpd, and I don't remember
> that changing recently. There are several minimal webservers you can
> install.

Why should i want to install *any* webserver just to be able to
maintain a small Debian mirror with apt-move?  It completely escapes
me why dwww should depend on dwww anyway...!?

                                Thank you, P. *8^)

PS: Other than that, the rewrite of apt-move has made it BTW quite
    more useful than it already was before. :-)
--
   ------------ Paul Seelig <pseelig@mail.uni-mainz.de> -------------