Re: eliminating -source packages

Peter Makholm wrote:
> Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:
>
> > So I got to thinking about apt-get source which seems like the logical
> > solution. It handles a. pretty well, although it doesn't update the
>
> As it is now we have the kernel-source on the binary cdroms. Should we
> continue to have this if the kernel is turned into an ordinary source
> package? (which seems to be almost what you're doing, right?)

Last time I needed the kernel source, it was on cd #2 or #3 (which I
didn't have), and so I had to download it.

I don't think it matters whether it's on cd #2 as a binary, or on source
cd #1. If it could go on binary cd #1, that would of course be more useful
to everyone who prefers to rebuild the kernel.

--
see shy jo