Re: multiple target packages - how do they work?

On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 06:22:37PM +0100, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 06:28:27PM +0200, David N. Welton wrote:

> > Yes, I've looked at those, but they are not very clearly
> > organized, from the point of view of someone trying to apply what
> > is contained.  They don't give you an idea at all about the 'feel'
> > of it. I've looked at a few packages, and, lacking a common way to
> > do this, it seems like everyone does it in a slightly different
> > way.  Yuck:-)

> Have a look at debhelper, in particular the -p option (described in
> debhelper(1)).  Look at
> /usr/share/doc/debhelper/examples/rules.multi2 for a bare bones rule
> file.

Is the use of recursive make the cleanest way of doing this?  I had
already looked at this file and rejected it as being a hack.

> You will also need multiple binary sections in the debian/control
> file, one for each binary package.

I know this, it's the rules file which is a problem.  I don't have a
good 'feel' for what the heck it's supposed to do:-)

--
David N. Welton, Responsabile Progetti Open Source, Linuxcare Italia spa
tel +39.049.8043411 fax +39.049.8043412 cel +39.348.2879508