On 10 Jun 2000, John Goerzen wrote:

> non-free is not part of the distribution.  non-free distributed by
> Debian.  I want to clean Debian of non-free.  The distribution doesn't
> need cleaning.  Debian does.

Then make a mirror of it and clean all non-free packages and links to
them. This would be the best possibility.

I think Debian should try to make an system with as much free software as
possible. And not try to make with free software as much of a system as
possible.

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link