Re: General Resolution: Removing non-free, Draft 2

** On Jun 08, Mark Brown scribbled:
> On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 06:01:39PM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
>
> > You live in the US. We don't. We are european. We mostly don't have flat
> > phone rates. This is why we can't download a lot.
>
> Never mind broadband access, which is frequently just not avalible
> (although this looks to be starting change somewhat).  Even if your
> access is unmetered downloading some packages is still rather painful.
Yup. We're connected to the TEN-155 network with multi-point connection with
the USA and soon we'll be connected to the 155Mb/s TeleNordia backbone, but
still fetching stuff from behind the ocean is really painful sometimes - to
much 10Mb mails, to much streaming, too narrow the connection between the
continents...

marek