Re: Seconded, sponsored. (was Re: General Resolution: Removing non-free)

Jeff Licquia <jeff@luci.org> writes:

> The Debian project is now *required* by the DFSG to *package* and
> *distribute* non-free software?  (As opposed to, say, allowing people

Not at all. In our *social Contract* (not the DFSG), we state that our
users may well wish to use non-free software, and that although it
isn't part of Debian we will provide the support and infrastructure
for those of our users who wish to use it.

"At least you know where you are with Microsoft."
"True. I just wish I'd brought a paddle."