Re: Clarifications

Christoph Lameter wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
>
> > I cannot speak for other members of the Admin team or the BTS admin, but I
> > can say this about the policy I will adopt with dealing with any requests.
> > Very simple:  The developers have expressed by vote they want nothing to
> > do with non-free software - so no services what so ever will be provided
> > for any purpose that is not directly related to free software.
>
> Did the Cabal make a decision? We need not vote right?

The way I understood Jason was that he wasn't in favour of it at
all.  He has pointing out that any double-speak by supporters
who say non-free packages would still be listed in the BTS (nothing
would change, etc) would find Jason obeying the result of the
vote and he would _not_ be providing those services.

I might be wrong.

Peter