John Goerzen proclaimed:
> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> writes:
> >       Indeed, it cnsider this resolution as breaking the social
> >  contract, and using a general resolution to weasel out of a contract
> >  makes it no better.
> An absolutist view of reality seldom is real, it seems.  Times and
> circumstances change.  There is a conscious effort given to produce a
> delta as small as possible.  We are not renegging on any fundamental
> promise we made; we are altering the mechanics of fulfilling it.

<Quote From The Simpsons>

Boy: [spoken] Hey, who left all this garbage lying on the steps of
Congress?
Amendment: [spoken] I'm not garbage.

[singing]
                  I'm an amendment to be
                  Yes, an amendment to be
                  And I'm hoping that they'll ratify me
                  There's a lot of flag burners
                  Who have got too much freedom
                  I wanna make it legal
                  For policemen
                  To beat 'em
                  'Cause there's limits to our liberties
                  'Least I hope and pray that there are
                  'Cause those liberal freaks go too far.

Boy: [spoken] But why can't we just make a law against flag burning?
Amendment: [spoken] Because that law would be unconstitutional.  But if we
_changed_ the Constitution...
Boy: [spoken] Then we could make all sorts of crazy laws!
Amendment: [spoken] Now you're catching on!
Boy: [spoken] But what if they say you're not good enough to be in the
Constitution?
Amendment: Then I'll destroy all opposition to me
           And I'll make Ted Kennedy pay
           If he fights back
           I'll say that he's gay

</Quote From The Simpsons>

Thaths
--
     "Now, let's all turn around and pay attention to me again."
                    -- Homer J. Simpson