potato

I have just upgraded an ACER travelmate 342T. There are two difficulties.

Small: Before you install debconf, the option not to install ssh seems broken.

Large: I had to invoke apt-get dist-upgrade several times. The last time it even
installed xdm. However, X is now completely broken. As I watch the screen during
boot-up, xdm is invoked. I then get a set of vertical line patterns. Becasue of
xdm, I can' simply exit X, can I. I'm running kernel 2.2.15.

Arthur H. Edwards
AFRL/VSSE
3550 Aberdeen Ave SE
KAFB, NM 87117-5776