FreeBSD-Apt

I have just seen the announcement for a FreeBSD-based port of "apt"
integrated with the FreeBSD packaging system.

This is especially nice to see because just yesterday i installed
FreeBSD-4.0 for the first time.  No, i won't abandon Debian but wanted
to learn something new.  And instead of choosing one of the RPM-based
Linux distributions i thought FreeBSD to be the most logical step
after having used Debian, HP-UX and NeXTSTEP so far. ;-)

>From "http://www.wp.cc.nc.us/~ahze/fbsdapt/":

------------- snip ---------------
 fbsd-apt:Is based on Debian's APT , but has no orignal code. It has
	many of Debian's apt features but is made for FreeBSD.

			       Download

			      Features:
		   install - Will install a package
       refresh - Refresh the INDEX for packages you can install
	    update - Updates a currently installed package
	     search - Search for packages you can install
	     info - Info on a currently installed package
		     help - yup we got a help...
		portud - Updates your /usr/ports tree
	    remove - Removes a currently installed package

  NOTE: I notice ALOT of linux users downloading this.. This is for
    FreeBSD only. Sorry =( ... Also we are working on nbsd-apt and
			     obsd-apt =)

Sources: "http://www.wp.cc.nc.us/~ahze/fbsdapt/fbsd-apt-0.1.tar.gz";

                                 Cheers, P. *8^)
--