Helixcode and potato / woody

Hi,

I have a pretty up-to-date system running potato.  I am interested in
playing around with helix Gnome (http://www.helixcode.com/).  The Helix
website talks about helix's own installer.

I have a few questions:

1. I am a developer.  Two of the packages I maintain contain apps that are
compiled against gtk.  Till potato is actually released I'd like to stay
with the gtk libraries that are in potato.  considering this, would
installing helix gnome be OK?

2. I don't like the idea of running helix's installer.  Can I get around it
in some way?

3. Has anyone played with helix's installer?

4. Will Debianized versions of helix's apps be available?

Thanks.

S.
--
Ned: Homer, I'd love to chitty-chat, but tonight's the night I do my
     charity work.