Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: there will be no XFree86 4.0.0 .debs (please read)

On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 11:48:14PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 02:30:49PM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > Branden, i understand Xfree packaging is a big chunk of work, but would it not
> > be easier if there was some kind of cvs repository of the packaging stuff, and
> > you would post the ideas you had for the new XF4.x packages, and that other
> > people could help you work on it ?
>
> http://www.debian.org/~branden/
>
> Anyone interested in helping out on X should have that page bookmarked.
Thats all well and good, but i've been watching it for about a month now with
nothing added ...many people want to help i'm sure, but i think we're just
kinda waiting for branden to get it started.  apt in #debian says there are
preliminary broken scripts to build it, but nothing of that sort is mentioned
on the webpage.

--
Erik Bernhardson
journey@jps.net