Re: qpopper [was: what's up with security?]

hi,

On Thu, May 25, 2000 at 02:55:36PM +0200, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> > sigh, i should really archive more mail myself  (old habit from disk
> > impaired days)   i don't have an exact pointer, however the message
> > was sent yesterday (5-24) so its possible its not in the bugtraq
> > archives.  the maintainers of qpopper posted a message saying
> > essentially `upgrade to 3.0, 2.53 is buggy'
> Right. I'll upload the fixed version in a few minutes.

nice to know ... but WHERE is the security announcement mail? i
don't see any, and this is bad. how should someone (a guy using debian
and qpopper) reading bugtraq know that 2.53-debian is fixed, when there
is no annoucement but silently discussed on some -devel mailinglist and
installed into the archive??
anyway, what's about 3.x of qpopper? i heard something that
there are some license issues ...??

so long
Othmar