Re: 2.4.0!

On Thu, May 25, 2000 at 04:54:35PM -0700, Christoph Lameter wrote:
> 1. Upstream software (which has already gone through a lot of testing
> upstream and sidestreams in RH, SUSE etc). It is highly unlikely that such
> software will contain major bugs. There could be configuration problems.

The new version of GNOME can't be well tested `in the wild', because it has
only just been released. It is in fact quite likely that it will have a fair
amount of bugs, some even making it unsuitable for release with Debian.

Those will (hopefully) be fixed in the minor releases (remember 1.0 and
1.0.56), and then we could consider making a subrelease (point release?)
of stable distro including those, but not before.