Re: postgresql packages for potato

"Oliver Elphick" <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:

> I have prepared packages of postgresql-6.5.3-19 and postgresql-slink-6.3.2
> which may be found at <http://www.debian.org/~elphick/postgresql/>.
>
> In theory, these should together provide a smooth upgrade from postgresql
> 6.3.2 (on slink) to 6.5.3 (on potato).  However, I do not have a slink
> machine to test the upgrade with, so I would be grateful to anyone who
> could test the upgrade.  I will not upload these packages without
> confirmation that they work!

I'll try these out tonight.  I believe that you indicated that it was
apt that was causing difficulties in the upgrade (by removing the old
version before installing the new), so I'm going to use apt to install
them. I'm constructing a local Packages file, but you might also want
to put a Packages file in your postgresql page and make it
straightforwardly apt-able.

Thanks for all your work.

--Miguel