Re: ITP seahorse

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 03:35:24PM -0400, Mike Bilow wrote:
> For the test cycles, it makes no sense that vendors should commit to
> something which has a two-week life.  They are "official" only in the
> sense that they are identical for all testers so testing is useful.
>
> If the test images are a joke, then obviously they will not become the
> release.  Presumably, exactly what gets tested will be what gets released
> at the conclusion of a successful test cycle?

We can't have a succesful test cycle if we are answering questions about the
images instead of the dist itself. The images need to have some criteria,
even for the test cycle, even if it's simply "size is good, no failures in
the build process, they mount and read just fine, etc...". Obviously the
images on the site now would have failed in some of these repsects.

`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '