screen-savers

Our site security team has certified this machine. In so doing, they clobbered
xscreensaver in the lock mode. That is, I can no longer start xscreensaver in
the lock-mode. During the certification they removed several standard accounts
from the machine. Can this lead to the following error?

xscreensaver: couldn't get password of "edwardsa"
xscreensaver: couldn't get password of "root"
xscreensaver: locking is disabled (error getting password).
xscreensaver: does xscreensaver need to be setuid?  consult the manual.

I tried switching to xlock and that is broken too

/home/edwardsa/.xlockrc: null crypted password

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Arthur H. Edwards
AFRL/VSSE
3550 Aberdeen Ave SE