Re: PROPOSAL: complete list of documentation files, "man <packagename>", all man pages refer to said doc list in "See Also" section

On Sun, May 21, 2000 at 06:38:04PM -0700 , Jim Lynch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could "man <packagename>" be implemented as a reformatting of the output
> of commands that joeyh suggests? Or, as a template that (1) determines and
> lists all man pages in the package, suggests using the dpkg commands that
> joeyh mentioned and refers to /usr/doc/packagename?
>
> Something like this could cut the bloat down all the way...
>
> But: what about packages such as dpkg, where the package name is also
> the name of a command? Should we introduce a new command, call it

not only dpkg. almost all program packages have the same name as some binary
within

> packageinfo, which uses man to do the above things?

you're welcome to do it

				Petr Cech
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}
           cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz

<sgore> "Debian - 3 million penguins can't be wrong."