Re: The lilo problem

On Fri, 19 May 2000, Mike Bilow wrote:

> There really are no perfect solutions.  I suggest that, if someone really
> needs this, then the proper thing to do is to make the LARGE_EBDA facility
> either a command line option or a lilo.conf option.  Both of these would
> require an upstream change.  This is probably not too hard to write and
> provide a complete diff to the upstream maintainer, come to think of it.

It would be great if this is possile.

If this isn't easy I can imagine another possibility: Two lilo
packages. One with support for zImage and the other with support for large
disks (maybe named something like lilo-bigdisk). This isn't a nice
solution, but it could solve the problems and help not to delay potato.

> -- Mike

cu,
Adrian

                -- Mahatma Ghandi