Re: Stallman Admits to Copyright Infringement

Paul Serice wrote:
> Unless you are one of the Debian anarchists

Perhaps you should install and read anarchism.deb before casting
aspersions.

Or are you just trolling?

> It bothers me to no end.  I would like to see Debian take active
> measures to distance itself from these statements.

Are you calling for a public condemnation of RMS, or what?

Debian is not a GNU project, so why do we need to distance ourselves
from RMS, who happens to be an upstream author of large chunks of Debian?
Should we keep tabs on what every upstream author of a part of Debian
says in an unguarded moment, and distance ourselves from them if it
does not comply with your views of right and wrong?

Anyway, you may find violating the copyrights on music distasteful, but
the presense of gnapster, gnap, and gnome-napster tends to imply at
least some people in debian have differing opinions ...

--
see shy jo, smelling a troll