Re: alsa dependence problem

At Mon, 15 May 2000 12:20:39 +0100,
dennis furey <fureyd@sbu.ac.uk> wrote:

> I've been tracking unstable with daily updates since installation
> about six months ago, but have had to put alsa-base and esound-alsa on
> hold since versions 0.4.1i-4 and 0.2.17-8 respectively. When I try to
> update them, I get conflicts with about twenty other gnome related
> packages and libraries including the enlightenment window manager (but
> oddly not gnome-audio).

After my investigation, I can reproduce your situation and find
that a priority of libfreeamp-alsa is optional though priorities
of ALSA packages are extra.

To check whether this information is correct, you can change the
following section in your

/var/state/apt/lists/
   <your_host>_debian_dists_woody_main_binary-i386_Packages:

Package: libfreeamp-alsa
Version: 2.0.6-2

Package: libfreeamp-alsa
Version: 2.0.6-2

and do apt-get dist-upgrade.

Whether or not, this is a policy violation. A priority of libfreeamp-alsa
should be extra.