Re: ["Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@sk.tsukuba.ac.jp>] Re: apt-get

On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 10:42:27AM -0700, Philip Brown wrote:
> a) his message wasn't written 100% "politely", so I'm ignoring it
> b) it's from him, so I'm ignoring it
> c) the things he said just aren't true
>
> I''m hoping it is c. Because I think the issues he raised are something
> that debian should be concerned about.

So we have one party complaining that we're concentrating too much on
features and not enough on quality--we have a much larger party
complaining that we concentrate too much on quality and not enough on
features. The message in question contained very little in the way of
specifics and quite a lot of inflammatory rhetoric. Since it's obvious
that we *cannot* please everyone, it would seem that there are more
productive things to do than respond to non-substantive flames from
someone whose immediate personal requirements aren't being met. If you
think there's a larger issue that needs to be addressed, please restate
it in a constructive fashion that might lead to a reasonable discussion.

--
Mike Stone