Re: How to use/test locally packaged software?

Paul Slootman <paul@debian.org> writes:

> On Fri 12 May 2000, Christopher Lee wrote:
>
> Why all that bother? If you've built a .deb and want to install it,
> why not simply "dpkg -i my.deb" ?  What am I missing?

I just wanted to avoid having my packages marked as "obsolete" in
dselect and to learn more about how Debian works....  Gzipping the
Packages files finally got this to work with apt, but I thought that
there might have been some scripts already set-up and packaged for
this sort of thing.  Now that I understand it a little more, I've got
some partially written for my own archive....

 -Chris