Re: Mandrake to Potato update ¿?¿?

On Fri, May 12, 2000 at 11:20:26AM +0200, Javier Viñuales Gutiérrez wrote:
> Yesterday I heard a friend of mine that it's possible to update from
> Mandrake to Potato without any problem, is it truth?. My knowledge on
> dpkg and rpm suggests me a lot of problems in this process.

yes.  (sort of)

backup your data
reformat
install debian
restore your data
no problem.

by an amazing co-incidence, debian provides the same easy upgrade path
for users of redhat, slackware, suse, turbolinux, and every other linux
distribution. in fact, you can even upgrade from windows to debian!!!
that's advanced technology for you :)

craig

--
craig sanders