ITP: Framerd and RearSite

Hi, I'm Davide Puricelli, I've used Debian GNU/Linux for a long time and now
I'd like to apply for mantainer. I'm particulary interested in tow
projects: Framerd and RearSite.
Framerd (http://www.framerd.org) is a portable distributed object-oriented
database designed to support the maintenance and sharing of knowledge
bases. Unlike other object-oriented databases, FramerD is optimized for the
sort of pointer-intensive data structures used by semantic networks, frame
systems, and many intelligent agent applications. FramerD databases readily
include millions of searchable frames and may be distributed over multiple
networked machines. FramerD includes an extensive scripting language based
on Scheme with special support for web-based interfaces. Framerd is a
standalone package and it's GPL, so no troubles :)
RearSite (http://listes.cru.fr/rs/fd) is an automated Web publishing tool
allowing the management of files from a WWW user
interface. RearSite has been written to give users the opportunity to
update themselves their WWW personal home pages (without using any market
product or any boring FTP). Users are able to control who is allowed to
access their documents and also associates forums or chats to their
directories (one forum and one chat per directory).
An administrator creates users accounts (user name, user passwd, and user
home directory), users get logged in and then receive access to their
documents.
RearSite is written in PERL (CGI.pm based) and use a FastCGI compliant HTTP
server (like APACHE). Rearsite depends on two other packages: mod_fastcgi
(http://www.fastcgi.com) and FCGI.pm
(ftp://ftp.rge.com/pub/languages/perl/modules/by-module/FCGI/); they are
both not  GPL, so they're non-free packages and RearSite'll go into
contrib, right? I know that libapache-mod-fastcgi is an orphaned package,
can I adopt it?
My friend and official mantainer Paolo Didone' (dido@linuxcare.it) would be
glad sponsoring me.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks in advance.

Davide

p.s: I send this mail in Cc to dido@linuxcare.it
--