Re: Renaming a package

At Thu, 11 May 2000 15:37:53 +0100,
Jules Bean <jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> > Previously Santiago Vila wrote:
> > > Unless dselect has been changed recently, this alone does not tell
> > > dselect to select the new package over the old one.
> >
> > It will if you select the new one.
>
> But in the case being discussed, the intent is to upgrade sawmill
> seamlessly to sawfish.  I think that's going to require a dummy
> package.

Is it impossible to add feature to apt-get and/or dselect
to follow renaming package?  That is, whan old package
is disappeared from available list and other new package
become available with "conflicts,replaces & provides", then
apt-get and/or dselect deselect old package and select new one.

Regards,
Fumitoshi UKAI